Sunday, September 23, 2012

Great Article to Read and Update on my Health

Below is a link to a great article on how to talk to people who are living with a chronic illness. What to say and what not to say etc. Everyone should read this, because I can guarantee everyone knows someone who is chronically ill or you will talk to someone living with a chronic illness at some point in your life! Just by learning how to talk to them in a way that encourages them and shows that you care will bless their day.

I sent this to my family members and posted it on Facebook. Please feel free to pass this article along to others as well :)


Enjoy! 

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I did my second round of Cimzia shots yesterday, and my husband sat with me to learn and watch for the first time. He was very encouraging to me and helped remind me to breathe as I was slowly pushing the medicine in from the injection. My abdomen was pretty sore last night, but now I feel fine!

Oh and here is an update on my oral thrush: The Nystatin did not work at all! I went to a normal doctor and not the dentist. The doctor said that stuff only works on people with a normal immune system, which this is not me. ha. I have a very lowered immune system and am taking steroids, so I needed something strong! So, now I am on a 7-day treatment of Difflucan. I just took pill number 5, and it is starting to look better. It is not completely cleared up yet though. I sure hope it clears up soon. 

I was a little worried about how I would feel yesterday with the injection and I tapered down to 5 mg of Prednisone. Woo Hoo! I did pretty good. We were able to make it to my sweet friend's backyard wedding, and we slow danced under the stars. It was a beautiful evening in Oklahoma City last night-just perfect. By the time we left, I felt a migraine coming on and my injection sites were very sore. All in all, it was a splendid evening :) 


Here is my handsome husband and I at the wedding downtown OKC last night :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment