Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Great Crohn's Pain

The Great Crohn's Pain. It comes when you least expect it. It creeps in during the night suddenly wrapping around the sufferer's midsection and lower back. The Crohn's Pain leaves behind an achey abdomen for days. The Crohn's Pain is one of my most hated symptoms.

I woke up in in the middle of the night Saturday night to this achey, burning pain that wrapped around my midsection like a band. This is just part of having Crohn's disease. All I could do was curl up in a ball in bed and patiently wait for it to subside and fall asleep again. I spent more time in the restroom this weekend, and I've just been achey ever since.

Isaac and I spend the weekend in Tulsa, OK at a cozy bed and breakfast. I'm not sure if these symptom flares are due to food I was eating, the homemade cookies that the B&B offered us each day or just because, well, I do have a chronic illness. When I look back on the weekend, I did not eat bad. I actually always eat pretty good. Sometimes, however, it could be the smallest thing that might set me off....like a sauce on a sandwich.

But, I do not think it was necessarily all diet related. I think I just had a small flare. Plain and simple. Cannot control that. Now, I will purposefully eat very bland for the next week just to keep my insides calmer. Small set backs are normal. I will get back on track to feeling better, I just know it. And honestly, this really wasn't as bad as I have have it in the past. Thank God.

These are the times when I love pulling out my trusty heating pad. Love that thing.

Now, Isaac, Izzy and I are sprawled out on our new sectional sofa watching The Hobbit with my new candle, "Leaves," from Bath and Body Works is burning. Mmmm. the smell of fall is filling our cozy home on this rainy day. These are the kind of days I live for. I love having relaxing days before I go back to work. I'll wake up in the morning ready to face the work week.

Happy Monday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment