Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quit Corn Flakes?

Lately, I have been feeling pretty good. I just so want to get completely weened off this Prednisone. I am down to 5 mg. It just makes me very tired, shaky and achy. But my stomach is feeling a lot better lately! I can honestly say I have not had diarrhea in weeks! Crazy.

For some reason last night I had really bad stomach pain and bloating. Oh man, it was so painful. All I could do was lay on my back on the floor with a heating pad.

Isaac thinks this happened, because I ate Corn Flakes. The pain did come on right after I ate the cereal. But I have had Corn Flakes before without that specific pain. He thinks it has something to do with corn. This pain and bloating always happened right after I used to eat Corn Pops too. So, I quit eating those.

I might try eat a bowl of Corn Flakes one more time one evening just to see what happens. If it happens again, then I know it is for sure the Corn Flakes. Sad. I love that cereal.

But I do not love it enough. That was some bad stomach pain.

It's weird though, because most Crohn's websites say that Corn Flakes should be okay for people with Crohn's. Anyone have any knowledge??

Or maybe I had the bad stomach pain, just because my disease decided to flare up last night randomly. I mean that is part of having Crohn's! Sometimes there is no explanation to why symptoms come on other than my intestines are just inflammed and they have a mind of their own! Argh.

4 comments:

  1. I would definitely cut the corn flakes. Grains like that can really be a problem. When I cut grains/gluten two or so years ago my symptoms were mitigated to a great extent. Corn flakes have other nasty stuff in them as well. You should check out the book Fiber Menace (there is a website as well), as well as the WAPF and other blogs that explore nutrition/gut diseases (I can list some if you want). Dietary modifications have helped me mitigate the flares and symptoms the most, although not perfectly. It is always a work in progress, of course. But, everything you eat travels through your GI tract and affects it in one way or another. Also I found this blog from the Crohn's forum, just so you don't think I'm a random creeper. But holding down relationships are difficult for people with IBD (it really gets in the way for me, at least), so I think it's great that you are newlywed (congratulations). I hope I helped a little, I can definitely expand on this if you want; I do a ton of research on nutrition/biochemistry, etc, and how it relates to autoimmune disease and other GI problems (mainly to help myself heal as best I can).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    Thank you! This is helpful! I tried Chex cereal the other night and did fine. At this point, i'm going to steer clear of Corn Flake because I do NOT want that pain again. I will do some more research on Corn Flakes. That is interesting. I feel like some foods have so many hidden things in them. It's annoying. I'm glad you are reading my blog. Thank you! Love your advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Best Whey Protein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my son now is at the Emergency hospital due to the pain last night he eat cornflakes and he is having pain tha tent go away. However the last 3 time he has eaten that same cereal we wake up with upset stomach aches.

    ReplyDelete