Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Honeymoon Re-Do in Colorado


Isaac and I just went on our “Honeymoon Re-Do” last weekend, and it was a success! No broken bones or lost limbs like our original honeymoon. It was fun, relaxing and exactly what we needed. It was so nice to get away from everyday life, and just be with each other doing fun things.

We stayed at a friend’s house in Winter Park, CO and mostly relaxed a lot. Watched movies and TV while it snowed outside, slept in, made breakfast for lunch, and explored the town. On our last day, we drove north a little to Grand Lake, CO in Rocky Mountain National Park to explore the cute little mountain town and go hiking at Allen Falls.

We LOVED Grand Lake. We went to this cute shop called the “Goofy Moose” and bought some of our first married Christmas decorations. We bought a moose ornament, a plaque thing that has a tree on it, and a little Christmas tree figurine. Then we ate lunch at this restaurant called Sagebrush and Isaac had the best pulled pork sandwich he has ever had. I’ll admit, I don’t like barbecue that much, but it was pretty good meat.

I can see why it is important for couples to get away even just for a couple days every now and then to forget about normal responsibilities at home and focus on being with each other. I think the only thing we bickered about was where to eat while driving to Colorado and having a hard time finding somewhere off the highway. Haha. 

Here are some photos below from our trip :) 




How my stomach did on the trip:

My stomach did pretty good. Two nights I had really bad bloating and cramping. Like laying on the floor with a heating pad bad. Also, the altitude made us both pretty gassy - which is to be expected.

Thankfully, on our last day when we went hiking I felt my best! My stomach felt flat and no diarrhea, bloating or cramping that day at all.  

Since we had a kitchen in the house we stayed at, I brought a lot of food from home for me to eat. That way I was not relying on eating out for my diet on the trip. We ate out for dinners, and I did okay with Margarita pizza two nights and chinese food another night. 

Usually when I eat chinese food, I order steamed chicken not cooked in any oils with either dry seasonings or a light sauce, white steamed rice and if they have it, edemame. Love that stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment