Sunday, July 14, 2013

Apologies for My Summer Obsession

Hey everyone!

I apologize for my blogger silence for a little bit. I have to admit to you all.....I have recently been somewhat obsessed with watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix. In less than a month, I am almost done with season 3. Honestly, I would never let me own teenage daughter (if I had one) watch this show. But I can't stop watching it. So much drama, so many dirty secrets and a murder mystery. What's not to love?

haha I am watching it now as I write this blog. So silly.

A couple weeks ago, I went to see my GI doctor for a check up. I was looking forward to this visit. Since March, I had been trying to wean off of Pentasa, an anti-inflammatory I have been on since my diagnoses, and my body was not responding well to the weaning process. I was so determined to get off that drug that I just kept trying to wean for 3 months even though it was causing me to flare and get sick. This drug is a horsepill that I have to take 8 times a day (!) and is my most expensive drug I pay for out of pocket.

Of course since I was flaring I since the start of the wean and I started having joint pain around that time too, we decided it was best for me to go back on the drug for good. My doctor said that my body must need Cimzia and Pentasa to keep my feeling good.

That proved to be correct when after a few days of being back on the drug, my stomach started feeling better almost immediately. Since then my stomach has been doing much better and the joint pain seems to be doing a little better. My left thumb joint still hurts though.

The only negative side effect from start back up with Pentasa is I have noticed my hair falling out when I take a shower. I remember this happening when I first started taking the drug, but it subsided after a few months. I started taking a hair, skin and nails vitamin a few days ago....I hope it stops soon. It's annoying and scary putting handfuls of hair in the trashcan.

Overall, I'm feeling better, and I really feel like this drug combination is that combo for me. At least I hope!

This weekend, I had a plethora of energy somehow. Usually I'm so tired...it's nice to have some energy. I mowed the front and back yard, bathed Izzy, did a few loads of laundry, vacumed and dusted the whole house, cleaned the kitchen and hung curtains while using a DeWalt for the first time! Such a productive weekend.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment