Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Newlywed Thanksgiving


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

We sure did. Isaac and I had our first married holiday together. We spend the first half of the day in Duncan, OK where Isaac’s grandma lives. I had never been there before, and it was a cute little town. It is where his 
mom grew up.

We had to leave early, because I ended up having a bad allergic reaction his grandma’s cat. Ugh! I felt bad that we had to leave earlier than expected. We wanted to spend time with his grandma since we hadn’t seen her since our wedding.

Then we drove back to OKC to go to my grandparent’s house to spend the evening with my family watching football and eating their Thanksgiving leftovers.  By the end of the day, we were pooped!
Izzy and I were passed out on our couch back at home by 8:30 pm. Dang!

I was able to eat a little more this year at thanksgiving compared to last year. I think I felt more confident in what I knew I could handle, and my gut is not as inflamed right now either. So, both of those things helped! I stayed away from the super fatty stuff like green bean casserole, dishes with lots of butter or any dairy type products.

Mostly, I ate turkey, plain green beans (I brought my own can, because every likes to season these with lots of butter or bacon!), rolls, a little bit of salad, little bit of mashed potatoes and that was it! It doesn’t take much to fill me up.

For dessert, I had made me own monster cookies for everyone and ate those. Also, I had a little bit of apple pie with frozen yogurt that I brought. I got a little bloated and upset by the end of the day, but who doesn’t on thanksgiving??

The important thing was I was able to enjoy the day without being stuck in the bathroom!

Isaac and I did have a very busy Thanksgiving by splitting the day up, but we were glad because we were able to spend the rest of the weekend together. We wanted some time with each other to relax and sleep in. We enjoyed it. J

Here are some family photos we took on Thanksgiving in my grandparent’s backyard with our doggy J





Oh by the way, a few posts back I wrote that I had steroid induced rosacea. Well, I can tell it has gotten better from this prescription I got called Finacea. See the pic below. I can definitely see improvement. :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment