Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Faith in a Plan

Sometimes I wonder what God wants Isaac and I to do for him? I know we both want to work, have kids, be parents etc. But I wonder, if there is something else too? Does he have other plans for us that we do not know about yet? I have always had a desire before I was married for my future spouse and I to serve God somehow together. Or at least serve God maybe doing different things but along side one another. I’m not sure what that looks like though.

I just don’t ever want to be coasting through life missing out on what we should be doing. I think we are exactly where we need to be for right now – adjusting to married life and learning to love each other in the very beginning of our marriage.

We may not always know why situations are the way they are, whether good or bad. But those situations are part of a plan. A plan that I hope we stay on track with. We cannot stick to His plan without keeping our eyes on Him. That is easier said than done.

I believe that God should come before your spouse. Jesus is “the one” and my spouse is the “two.” But honestly, it can be really hard sometimes. I know I talk to and think about Isaac so much more than my Savior. I don’t mean to. My prayer is that Isaac and I help each other stay on track.

I put my focus on other things more than Jesus too. Like my health condition. I worry about it a lot and spend a lot of time thinking about it.

What if all that time was spent thanking God for what He is doing in my life, leaning on Him, learning to trust Him and building my faith in Him for healing? Isaac has faith that I could be healed. In some areas, Isaac has a lot more faith than me. And I have more fear. I fear the unknown, I fear getting sick, I fear money problems…

This is my verse of the day:
“Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Is. 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment