Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pets Improve Your Health

I grew up with no pets in my family, except a couple of fish that died pretty quickly and a bunny I found in the yard that died in my hands the next morning-I think I scared it and it died! Izzy is my first pet to own and truly take care of. And I truly believe she is a gift from God for Isaac and I. My little morkie love reduces our stress levels when we are around her, keeps us company, make us laugh and cuddles with me when I don't feel good. She has actually been a good heating pad for my back or stomach when my intestines are raging too.

Isaac and I bought her last March in the midst of planning our wedding, we had no idea how much fun and smiles she would bring to our life. Her presence is such a comfort to me when I am not feeling well or need company when Isaac is at work. I have seen a whole new side of my husband that I have fallen in love with. He sings her songs, and he is so sweet and loving with her.

I started doing some research on pets and their affect on people's health. The articles below states that pets are natural stress reducers for humans, help lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and help fight off depression. I believe it!

Owning her has helped me learn more responsibility that I had not learned before as well. At first, I thought that taking her potty and feeding her would be a hassle to my life and schedule. But when you love something or someone so much, you enjoy having the responsibility to take care of their little life. I would think that it is a similar feeling when you have a baby. But I could be wrong.

Please take a look at the articles I found below about how pets can improve your health by helping you live a longer and happier life!

Pets Improve Your Health

Pets Improve Your Health

Below is Izzy!



No comments:

Post a Comment